Blood Work Hematology ServicesLAB TESTNG Services
Annual blood work and/or routine blood testing is one of the most important ways to keep track of your overall physical health and wellbeing.
Blood tests are used to measure cells, chemicals, proteins, and other substances in the blood. Often referred to as “blood work” blood testing is usually included in our regular checkup to examine and diagnose health changes and monitor overall wellness.
Blood work testing is also used to:
- Help diagnose certain diseases and conditions
- Monitor a chronic disease or condition, such as diabetes or high cholesterol
- Find out if treatment for a disease is working
- Check how well your organs are working. Your organs include your liver, kidneys, heart, and thyroid.
- Help diagnose bleeding or clotting disorders
- Find out if your immune system is having trouble fighting infections
What are the different types of blood work tests?
There are many different types of blood tests. Common ones include:
- Complete blood count (CBC). This test measures different parts of your blood, including red and white blood cells, platelets, and hemoglobin. A CBC is often included as part of a regular checkup.
- Basic metabolic panel. This is a group of tests that measure certain chemicals in your blood, including glucose, calcium, and electrolytes.
- Blood enzyme tests. Enzymes are substances that control chemical reactions in your body. There are many types of blood enzyme tests. Some of the most common types are troponin and creatine kinase tests. These tests are used to find out if you’ve had a heart attack and/or if your heart muscle is damaged.
- Blood tests to check for heart disease. These include cholesterol tests and a triglyceride test.
- Blood clotting tests, also known as a coagulation panel. These tests can show if you have a disorder that causes too much bleeding or too much clotting.
Following is a searchable table of the Hematology Blood Testing Services We offer:
|GOLDEN POINT SCIENTIFIC LABS - HEMATOLOGY BLOOD PROFILES|
|VITAMIN PANEL (GPSL-VIT)||WELLNESS PANEL – FEMALE (GPSL-FWEL)|
|Vitamin B12 II||Complete Blood Count|
|Vitamin D III||IRON|
|Comprehensive Metabolic Panel|
|THYROID Profile ( GPSL-THY)||Luteinizing hormone|
|Total T3 (Triiodothyronine)||Phosphorous ser/pl|
|Total T4 (Thyroxine)||Lipid Profile|
|Free T3 (Free triiodothyronine)||CRP IV (C-Reactive Protein)|
|Free T4 (Free thyroxine)||Vitamin D III|
|Thyroglobulin Antibody||Uric Acid|
|Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies||Lactate Dehydrogenase|
|Free T4 (Free thyroxine)|
|LIPID PROFILE (GPSL-LIP)||Total T4 (Thyroxine)|
|HDL Cholesterol Gen4||UIBC|
|Triglycerides||Total Iron binding capacity (TIBC) = (Iron+ UIBC) Calculated)|
|HEPATITIS PANEL (GPSL-HEP)||WELLNESS PANEL – MALE (GPSL-MWEL)|
|Hepatitis A Antibodies (IgM)||Complete Blood Count|
|Hepatitis C Antibody II||IRON|
|Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Total||Comprehensive Metabolic Panel|
|Hepatitis B Core Antibodies (IgM)||Total iron binding capacity (TIBC) = (Iron+ UIBC) Calculated)|
|Hepatitis B Core Antibodies Total ll||TSH (Thyrotropin)|
|Hepatitis B Surface Antigen II||Luteinizing hormone|
|RENAL PANEL (GPSL-REN)||CRP IV (C-reactive protein)|
|Albumin||Vitamin D III|
|Calcium ser/pl||Uric Acid|
|Carbon Dioxide CO2 (Bicarbonate)||Lactate Dehydrogenase|
|Creatinine||Free T4 (Free thyroxine)|
|Glucose||Total T4 (Thyroxine)|
|Phosphorous ser/pl||Prostate Specific Antigen, Free|
|Potassium (K)||Prostate Specific Antigen, Total|
|Sodium (Na)||UIBC (Unsaturated Iron Binding Capacity)|
|Anion GAP (Calculated)|
|eGFR Non-African American (Calculated)||BASIC METABOLIC PANEL (GPSL-BMP)|
|eGFR (African American) - Calculated||Glucose ser/pl|
|TOTAL NUTRITIONAL PANEL||Potassium,|
|Vitamin B12 II||CO2 (Bicarbonate)|
|Vitamin D III||Chloride|
|Folate Folic Acid||BUN ser/pl (blood urea nitrogen)|
|Magnesium ser/pl||Creatinine Jaffe ser/pl|
|eGFR Non-African American (Calculated)|
|eGFR (African American) - Calculated|
|COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL (GPSL-CMP)|
|Calcium ser/pl||HEART Panel|
|Potassium,||Vitamin B12 II|
|CO2 (Bicarbonate)||Folate Folic Acid|
|Chloride||Ferritin IA. (FERR)|
|Total Protein,||Estradiol (E2 III)|
|ALP (alkaline phosphatase),||Human Growth Homorne (HGH)|
|ALT (alanine transaminase),||TSH (Thyrotropin)|
|AST (SGOT) with P5P (aspartate aminotransferase).||Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (A-TPO)|
|BUN ser/pl (blood urea nitrogen)||Free T3 (Free triiodothyronine)|
|Creatinine Jaffe ser/pl||Free T4 (Free thyroxine)|
|eGFR Non-African American (Calculated)||Iron|
|eGFR (African American) - Calculated||Comprehensive Metabolic Panel|
|Creatine Kinase-MB (CKMB)||Lipid Panel|
|Progesterone III (PROG III)|
|Cardiac PANEL (GPSL-CARD))||Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)|
|Complete Blood Count (CBC)||Insulin (Total)|
|CKMB (Creatinine Kinase MB|
|CRP IV (C-Reactive Protein)|
Blood testing can provide important information about your health. But it doesn’t always give enough information about your condition. If you’ve had blood work, you may need other types of tests before your provider can make a diagnosis.
For more information about our blood lab testing or to learn more about partnership-pharmacy opportunities contact LabsNowToday at (205) 721-4601.
Source: MedlinePlus brings together authoritative health information from the National Library of Medicine (NLM), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations.